• 27 more school days 'till graduation!

iPhone 8 design rumors

Laken Haggard, Reporter

iPhone 8 Concept via BGR.com

Every year the company Apple is known to release a new iPhone to their lineup  during the fall. This year, 2017, marks their 10th anniversary of the late Steve Jobs announcement of the original iPhone back 2007. From the moment a new iPhone is released, Apple fanatics start speculating how the next iPhone will be. Just to name a few, Youtubers like EverythingApplePro and ZONEofTECH are known to talk about the different rumors and possible leaks on their channels. EverythingApplePro is especially known to work with Bro.King to make different ‘concepts’ and models of how the newest products could end up looking. They are definitely not the only ones.

Many rumors have been made that the iPhone 8 will follow the “sandwich” design that the iPhone 4/4s follows. The sandwich design consists of  two glass panels, one on the front, one on the back, with a metal frame in the center, turning away from their current aluminum backings. According to Metro UK, “Japanese business publication Nikkei [Asian] said the new phone will come in three models – and all will have glass backs.” The glass is also a need feature if Apple plans on adding in wireless charging. Nikkei Asian has different inside sources to Apples suppliers in China. Nikkei Asian has also confirmed the possibility for a curved screen that is “bent on two sides”. Analyst Ming-Ching Kuo, from KGI Securities, confirms the validity of this so-called leaks.

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Concepts via ValueWalk.com

Other rumors suggest that the phone will have an ‘edge-to-edge’ display, indicating that features such as Touch ID and the front facing camera will be built into the screen, this also illuminates the home button altogether. With this idea then Apple would be able to change the type of display from LCD to OLED, meaning better battery life, and an overall thinner device that has more vibrant colors that really bring the phone to life.

Some say that the major ‘radical’ designs will only be on one massive iPhone, and its counterparts in the lineup could just be improved models of the iPhone 7, but Apple is known for the release of ‘S’ models of their product biannually. Others are saying the ‘massive’ phone could be called the iPhone X, because it’s the 10 year anniversary, and also because it’s supposed to be bigger, better, and different.  The ‘massive’ iPhone 8 model could also range substantially more than any other iPhone released. Rumors are saying that the starting price for this phone could be $1,000.

iPhone 8 Concept via TechStunt.com

The iPhone will most likely be released in September of this year, seeing as all other iPhones have been released at Apple Special events, in September. While the rumors build up, you never know what Apple could come up with. Until then, all we can do is wait, and continue to speculate until the big day when Apple releases its 10 year anniversary model. The iPhone 8? The iPhone X? Or just the iPhone 7s/7s Plus?

Sources:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/07/apple-is-about-to-reboot-iphone-with-a-massive-redesign-heres-what-we-know-6433624

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-8