• 27 more school days 'till graduation!

Humans of Rangel

Erica Munoz, Reporter

20161026_122745-1

“I was trying my best to stay awake until the results were out but I couldn’t keep my eyes open. Before I went to bed, I checked the results and Hilary was not that far behind Trump, so I actually had hope that she would win. When I woke up Wednesday morning I saw a text from my girlfriend and it said ‘he won.'” -Jackie Vega (9)

download

“One time I was home alone with my brother and my younger cousin. I was about 8 and we were playing hide and seek inside the house. I eventually find my brother but we couldn’t find my cousin, so my brother and I eventually gave up and yelled to my cousin to come out but he didn’t and so my brother and me went on with our day and ate. It’s about like two hours later, I hear a noise in the closet. My aunt has this closet that has two rods, one on the top and one on the bottom and it’s a walk in closet, so if somebody were to hide in there they would be very hard to find- at a glance you wouldn’t be able to see them. I go and look into the closet and look all the way behind the clothes and everything, and there’s my little cousin crying saying that we had forgotten about him and he was very hungry and when we asked him why he didn’t come out when we were calling for him he simply replied ‘you guys said that that’s just a trick, that I can’t come out even if you’re calling me because that’s boring and ruins the game.'” -Anonymous

capture_2016-11-12-10-43-39

“When I was around 7 years old my mom and I lived in Rockwall with her girlfriend at the time, Mindy, and her 2 kids, Chris and Barret. Every weekend we would take our boat and go out to the lake to just drive it around and enjoy the water. We would always go to this restaurant out on the beach which served the best fried pickles in the whole wide world. I remember it was Barret’s birthday, so we decided to get an extra large order of fried pickles for all of us. The waiter warned us that they were very hot and just had come off of the over in the kitchen. Of course being the child that I was I was very excited for my pickles and decided to ignore what the lady said and I grabbed a giant handful of about 10 pickles in my tiny hands. Then when I was getting ready to put them all in my mouth I dropped one down my swimsuit top. Now going back to the part where they were super hot, she wasn’t kidding. I jumped and screamed so loud that I’m sure everyone on that side of the lake could hear me. I just started freaking out and running around and I ended up knocking a chair into the lake and my mom had to chase me out of the restaurant and back up the dock in order to get the pickle out of my bikini. My brothers (Chris and Barret) didn’t stop laughing for forever! I’m pretty sure they would still laugh about it to this day! That’s something I will never forget!” -Alison Hart (9)

“My brother bought these brand new Jordan’s shoes that cost him about 200 dollars. They were his pride and joy. My dog ran into the house one day when the door was left open. My brother’s shoes where in his room but the door was open. When I figured out my dog was inside my house I kicked him out as soon as I could and then I saw his shoes. They were torn and ripped and my stomach dropped. I grabbed both shoes and ran outside with them and buried them under a tree. The good part was he was on a trip in Washington for school. When I found enough money I bought identical shoes and put them in the box under his bed and pretended nothing ever happened.” -anonymous